none
A Few Suggestions

Question

• I've been using these forumns now for a couple of weeks and I come up with a few suggestions to improve it....

My 1st Suggestion:

When I first enter the forums, I'm not signed in (This i have no problem with). I then have to go into someones post and click sign in to reply. This seems to be the only way to sign in? If there was a sign in option in the header of each page, it would be a lot easier.

My 2nd Suggestion:

You can add forums to your favorites and the select them from the quick access dropdown list > My forums. If I want to look at multiple favorite forums I have to open lots of separate tabs. If there was a way to add my favorite forums into the Selected forums lookup list, it would make it easier for me to view all of my favorite forums at once on one internet tab.

My apoligies if either of these features already exist but I believe these will make the forum more user friendly.

Many Thanks for taking your time to read my post.

Soliddrew!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. Sign In indeed is the option on top of each page (MSDN and Technet forums have slightly different layout though... do you enter via the Technet site?) Automatic sign-in does work if enabled, at least for me.

2. Note the Quick Access thing on the left top, under "ask a question" button.

Explore the options there.

Regards,

-- pa

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 10:20 AM

• My 2nd Suggestion:

You can add forums to your favorites and the select them from the quick access dropdown list > My forums. If I want to look at multiple favorite forums I have to open lots of separate tabs. If there was a way to add my favorite forums into the Selected forums lookup list, it would make it easier for me to view all of my favorite forums at once on one internet tab.

With regard to saving groups of forums, the way I do it is to use browser bookmarks (favorites). In fact I rarely use the forum navigation, I just have a browser folder (living on by browser toolbar) that has links to various groups of forums, My Threads, My Profile, etc.). It takes a bit of time to set up, but once you have done so, it is very convenient to use. It helps if you use a browser that can share its bookmarks between devices.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 11:53 AM
  • This Wiki describes how to add forums to your "My Forums".

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18476.msdntechnet-forums-how-to-addremove-forums-from-my-forums-list.aspx

From the "Quick Access" pulldown on the upper left of most pages you can select "My Forums Threads" to see all threads in all of the forums in your "My Forums".

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 12:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. Sign In indeed is the option on top of each page (MSDN and Technet forums have slightly different layout though... do you enter via the Technet site?) Automatic sign-in does work if enabled, at least for me.

2. Note the Quick Access thing on the left top, under "ask a question" button.

Explore the options there.

Regards,

-- pa

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 10:20 AM

• My 2nd Suggestion:

With regard to saving groups of forums, the way I do it is to use browser bookmarks (favorites). In fact I rarely use the forum navigation, I just have a browser folder (living on by browser toolbar) that has links to various groups of forums, My Threads, My Profile, etc.). It takes a bit of time to set up, but once you have done so, it is very convenient to use. It helps if you use a browser that can share its bookmarks between devices.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 11:53 AM
  • This Wiki describes how to add forums to your "My Forums".

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18476.msdntechnet-forums-how-to-addremove-forums-from-my-forums-list.aspx

From the "Quick Access" pulldown on the upper left of most pages you can select "My Forums Threads" to see all threads in all of the forums in your "My Forums".

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 12:08 PM