How to Create a New Record from Advance Find View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have  a Complicated Situation in a view.As am  new to CRM am not sure of any other possibilities to Meet my requirements.

I have 3 entities

1) Property Master -  Master form has all the Property Details with status Available/Sold /Blocked

2) Property Transaction - Property And Customer Details  - with status Sold/Blocked

3) QuickblockProperty - Select Property Details and if property is sold update Property Transaction with

Customer name - With status  - Sold/Blocked/Unbloked

All this 3 entities are related to booking a property.

Entity 3 is designed for quick/Bulk entry during a campaign and only if property is sold/ booked,it will create Customer and insert record in property Transaction form with customer details and property Details and update Property Master status as Booked/Sold

Entity 2 is for existing LEad and if the property is booked/sold property it will insert record in property Transaction form with customer details and property Details and update Property Master status as Booked/Sold.

Now the Requirement is I need to create a View linking this 3 forms and i need to show the status of Available/Sold/Blocked property and customer details.

I hv created a view in ProertyMaster coz thats the only entity has available Property details.i have propertytransaction as related entity but when i add columns in my view...its not showing any records from property transaction table even if it has value for that property id.

What could be the issue?i have created N:1 relationship in propertytransaction from with propertymaster.

any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, August 2, 2013 5:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, advanced find can only retrieve 1 type of entity, however you can display fields from any parent record.

If for example you configure your advanced find to start at Property Transaction, you can pull down values from the parent Property Master and display those fields in the view as well as any Property Transaction fields.

You cannot however create the view from the Property Master and display fields from the related Property Transactions. If you create a join from Property Master to Property Transaction in this scenario, it will simple display each Property Master with 1 or more related Property Transaction. This will only show each Property Master record once regardless of how many Property Transactions it has.

When you are selecting columns for your view, you will be able to select from parent records using the picklist in the top right hand corner of the column selection dialog.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Friday, August 2, 2013 10:18 AM
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks For the suggestion.

I have already tried the way u suggested.

The problem over here is i couldnt display property that are with status "AVAILABLE"  as available property wont be in property Transaction.

I want to display available status also.

Is that Possible

Friday, August 2, 2013 11:01 AM
  • Hi Paul,

If i create a view from Property Transaction , i cant show available Property Details from Property MAster.

Any suggestion?

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:50 AM
  • Property is one entity. Whether it is available or booked is the status of property. Property has many to many relationship with Customer. This relationship can be broken into another entity say CustomerProperty where we can keep the information what type of ownership customer has on a particular property and since when. If you have used this design than you would have not gotten this issue. In your case i think a SSRS report will do the job.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:09 PM
  • Hai Faisal,

Thanks for the reply.

I have manged this situation by creating a view in Property master.

and when they double click a record , i have given customer details in left navigation menu .

when they click customer details , user can view prop trans form.

I have a problem here , is there any way i can disable this Customer Details link for Certain cases?like if property is still available , customer details link should be disable.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:00 AM
  • You can conditionally show/hide the left-nav link using JavaScript:

var navitem = Xrm.Page.ui.navigation.items.get("navSubAct"); 

if (navitem != null)  
    {           
        navitem.setVisible(false);
    } 

More info and how to find the ID:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11654431/hide-crm-form-left-hand-side-navigation-item

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by RathiRojini Monday, August 26, 2013 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:29 AM