Remote Access - Connection Disabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just installed Windows 7 Professional on my laptop. I enabled Remote Access for this computer in the WHS console and it shows it as Allowed.  When I try to connect throught the internet, that computer shows up as Connection Disabled.  I temporarily disabled the firewall on the computer but that didn't help.  My Vista computer shows up as Available For Connection and I can connect.

Thans for any help,
    Jamie

• Moved by kariya21Moderator Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:04 AM not a hardware/OS install question (From:Windows Home Server Hardware and Installation)
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:35 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I just installed Windows 7 Professional on my laptop. I enabled Remote Access for this computer in the WHS console and it shows it as Allowed.  When I try to connect throught the internet, that computer shows up as Connection Disabled.  I temporarily disabled the firewall on the computer but that didn't help.  My Vista computer shows up as Available For Connection and I can connect.

Thans for any help,
    Jamie

Did you enable Remote Desktop on the client as well?  If so, did you try rebooting the client after enabling Remote Desktop on it (and, although it shouldn't be necessary, the server as well)?
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:08 AM