none
Code Block font/row-height too small to display underscore character. RRS feed

• Question

• On my browser (IE7), when I add a code block (C#) that has underscores in it, the underscores are not visible when posted.  For example, the text "this_has_underscore" does not show the underscore in the following:
    this_has_underscore 

http://www.peterRitchie.com/blog
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:05 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the report Peter,

Looks like a bug. I'll log it and see when we can get to this. The good news is that when you copy paste it back into an editory, it seems to retain the underscore, so it looks like this is probably some style issue, hopefully easy to address. 

Thanks for reporting this!
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Brent:

It works OK on Mozilla browsers.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:35 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the report Peter,

Looks like a bug. I'll log it and see when we can get to this. The good news is that when you copy paste it back into an editory, it seems to retain the underscore, so it looks like this is probably some style issue, hopefully easy to address. 

Thanks for reporting this!
    Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Brent:

It works OK on Mozilla browsers.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:35 AM
  • Hi Brent.  Any word on a fix for this?  Nothing in the latest updates addressed this.
    test_underscore. 

http://www.peterRitchie.com/blog
    Friday, September 12, 2008 3:03 PM
  • Peter, Brent, this is not new. Over a month ago it was noted that single line entries in a code block exhibited this characteristic. I've been addressing it by the expedient of adding an extra line in the code block. Just one more of the multitudinous ways in which these crappy forums are broken...

cheers,
    scott
    Friday, September 12, 2008 3:08 PM