none
[UWP][XAML] How to get Tweets from Twitter without User authentication ? RRS feed

• Question

• HI 

Need to get twitter feeds by using following details -

Screen name

CONSUMER_KEY

CONSUMER_SECRET_KEY

Pls suggest any solution for same asap.

sandeep chauhan

Thursday, February 15, 2018 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi sandeep chauhan,

>>How to get Tweets from Twitter without User authentication ?

Yes, by using CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET_KEY and Callback URI, you could use Twitter Service from the UWP Community Toolkit to pose tweets, search for a specific tag or open a connection with the stream service in order to receive live tweets and events.  Please refer this link for example : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwpcommunitytoolkit/services/twitter

You could download it from the GitHub: UWPCommunityToolkit or from NuGet.

There is also a sample app in the Microsoft store. You could search for UWP Community Toolkit Sample app.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 16, 2018 2:16 AM
  • Thanks for reply

I tried the same but its also asking for user authentication first time.  no authentication window should open in my requirement 

sandeep chauhan

Monday, February 19, 2018 7:06 AM
  • @sandeep chauhan,

Maybe I misunderstand something in my last reply.

It is not possible to get tweets without User authentication. But you could try to save the token to your app so that you could access the tweets without User authentication before the token expired.

You could use Web authentication broker to connect your UWP app to Twitter which is using OAuth as its authentication protocols. It requires User authentication for the first time and will returns a token. You could save the token until it expired. Once it expired, it will require User authentication again.

You could refer this sample about how to use WebAuthenticationBroker to connect to Twitter:

https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-universal-samples/tree/master/Samples/WebAuthenticationBroker

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:29 AM
  • Thanks for showing interest Roy

Its possible in Android so I need to do same for UWP for same project as Client requirement. :(

Still struggling  

sandeep chauhan

Friday, February 23, 2018 12:53 PM
  • @sandeep chauhan,

User login is required to get tweet and to get a user's own feed. But open information does not require it.

You might need to check the Twitter’s API docs. If you have any questions, it would be better to ask in Twitter's forum.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Monday, February 26, 2018 3:03 AM
  • Hi Roy

Can we get tweets from public page like google public tweets without showing user authentication windows means without user authentication?

sandeep chauhan

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:08 AM