Is it possible to match a product key code to a specific CD RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but the forum description seems closest to the nature of my problem.

Situation:
    -we have a Microsoft Action Pack Subscription
    -we have a bunch of CD's in black sleeves
    -on the back of some of these sleeves are yellow stickers with 25 character product installation codes
    -many of these yellow stickers do not have identifiers on them (Example: 25 character code for Exchange Server 2007, but no mention of Exchange server 2007 on the sticker or sleeve itself, just the code)
    -some (but not all) of the sleeves also have a second "x code" sticker that looks like a CD image code (Example: X11-04241), I see these numbers on some of the Blue/Orange Partners Branded Discs (and MSDN ISO's) so I think these might be significant
    -Note though that some of our older CD's in a second binder (which were unaffected) have different X codes than the sleeves they reside in, so this may be unrelated after all

-the Binder with all the CD's fell off the desk and half the CD's fell out of their sleeves, now I have to match the codes up with their CD's again

So, two questions:

Q1 : Can I take what looks like the CD image code and identify the matching CD it relates to?  Where would I look these up?
    Example:
    -X11-04241 = Windows XP RTM
    -X11-17435 = SharePoint Server 2007

Q2 : Is it possible to take the 25 character installation code and identify what product it is for?
    Example:
    xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx = Exchange Server 2003
    yyyyy-yyyyy-yyyyy-yyyyy-yyyyy = Windows Server 2003 Standard

I really don't have time to trial and error the installation of the unknown product codes with the remaining CD's.  I also don't want to run into a situation where the WGA cripples a production server down the road because the key used was incorrect (close, but not the right one) or can't be activated after installation, etc.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:59 PM

Answers