Final thoughts, Ed Price. RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Ed, I just got banned off the Answers site for the post shown above.

It was submitted to this thread:  Announcement: NNTP Bridge for Answers

Tit-for-tat, I have just deleted some recent posts from TechNet ITPro.  They were good, but you'll never know.

Does that answer your question?

In response to that censorship and banning moments ago, I posted the perfect nntp example.

(It'll get that other profile banned too).

Update:  Under Review.  huh.

Update2:  Banned.

That example I just posted is actually a lingering unanswered question from our recent conversation:   Dr Ziffel's thread.

I will post that thread-image below.  You should compare it to the thread as it exists now.

See how it got pruned when our conversation got locked?

You're still invited to comment about it.

What a farce.

• Changed type ᅠᅠᅠ Saturday, February 4, 2012 4:32 AM
    • Edited by ᅠᅠᅠ Saturday, February 4, 2012 10:10 PM
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 2:22 AM

All replies

•  

Compare this to the thread as it exists now.

Can you see a difference?

What value does it serve in its present condition?

Saturday, February 4, 2012 2:28 AM
  • And if anybody thinks I was just making negative remarks about nntp usage here for the sake of being argumentative, I meant what I said.  I have never seen it used responsibly in these forums.  Never.  Not in the forums I follow.  It just empowers people to be more obnoxious than usual.  Aside from Paton and the stuff that comes off the bridge from him, look at this thread with nntp posts there.  Then follow that link I posted there to peter121 and his nntp trolling.  OMG just follow that guy's profile.  Look at his sig:

"If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-) "

(And since his name is in the screenshot).  Then there's Ken Blake.  Does that guy ever read beyond the nntp subject headline before he replies with his boilerplate messages?

Sorry to say it, but that's the only kind of thing I've ever seen come off the bridge.  That.

• Edited by ᅠᅠᅠ Saturday, February 4, 2012 11:39 AM
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Pardon me, I'm not Ed Price, and since you posted this in a public forum I feel a desire to comment...

Ed, I just got banned

Is someone supposed to feel bad about this?  Please understand that the world is not about you.  Apparently the world will no longer even tolerate you.  It's too bad, since you clearly have the technical prowess to contribute a lot here.

I'd just like to point out that you, as "derosnec" (spelled 8 different ways), "Ed Nahuey", "flatsem", "Mr. Red-Box", "ᅠ", "ᅠᅠ", "ᅠᅠᅠ", "ᅠᅠᅠᅠ", "ᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠ", ᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠ", "ᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠ", "Mister Moose", "Mister <fill in the blank>", and many others have been banned repeatedly because of your intolerable, abusive behavior.  You are the single most abusive person these forums have ever seen, and you clearly know it.  People don't normally create multiple accounts, nor do they feel compelled to capture copies of everything they post so they can regurgitate it after being banned, nor do they constantly seek conflict.

We are here, in these online communities, by the grace of a company trying to promote positive communications between good people.

You claim to have been banned because of a particular post...  Do you honestly think your slate is wiped clean every time you reincarnate yourself under a new user ID?  News flash:  Forgiveness is unlikely to come for you any time soon.  What goes around comes around.  You are reaping what you have sowed, and people have long memories of others who have wronged them.  The ONLY way to work around this is to change your behavior.  If you can't do this alone, please seek help.

Hasn't it become clear to you that nobody any longer wants to hear what you have to say because you are so often nasty and confrontational?  I'm talking overall, not just in any one post or thread.  If you want to be heard, be nice.

While some folks whom you have abused likely hope these were quite literally your final thoughts, please be true to your word and actually let this be your final forum post in any of your abusive personalities.  Make a clean break.  Best wishes.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my new eBook: Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options

Monday, February 6, 2012 10:28 PM
  • Wow, Noel. That's a lot of accounts. 3-Box, are these all you?

Mr. 3-Box, that Answers site is run by completely different people. So nobody over here can ban someone over there and we can't help on those threads.

But I'll look into this thread you mentioned here if you'd like. However, this thread (that we're currently on) might be locked soon (just as a warning), since our last thread was.

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Monday, February 6, 2012 11:25 PM
    Owner

• You missed my point, Ed.  I am not concerned with the Answers account status in this present discussion.  It's the related circumstance.  NNTP and the Ziffel example we discussed previously.  That's the connection.

Since Ken Blake's nntp post was referenced in my initial post here, I've provided this screenshot above for you to review also.

It shows derosnec delivering a chastising remark to Ken.  You may think that is totally, unacceptably out of place.  But there is a history, a long one, to Ken's interrupting threads via nntp with preachy, technically-diminished, off-topic sermons which boast of his elite MVP status.  That is exactly what he did there.  In fact, he was chastising the OP while doing so.

Was derosnec assaulting Ken Blake, or did Ken Blake assault the OP.   And derosnec defended the OP.

How do you read it, Ed?

Here is Ken's post from the Answers thread, shown in the screenshot at the top of this present thread.
    It shows Ken Blake popping into that Answers thread via nntp, to announce

1. he is still a MVP
    2. he will someday be an ex-MVP
    3. ex-MVPs should be entitled to nntp access too.

VaporTrail got banned for objecting to nntp.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:51 AM

• Wow, Noel. That's a lot of accounts. 3-Box, are these all you?

Mr. 3-Box, that Answers site is run by completely different people. So nobody over here can ban someone over there and we can't help on those threads.

But I'll look into this thread you mentioned here if you'd like. However, this thread (that we're currently on) might be locked soon (just as a warning), since our last thread was.

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Here is a timely example from just today.

"Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong... but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are.  You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions.  But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...  ...and an athlete... ...and a basket case... ...a princess... ...and a criminal...   Does that answer your question?"

Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:49 AM
  • Here is Ken's post from the Answers thread, shown in the screenshot at the top of this present thread.
    It shows Ken Blake popping into that Answers thread via nntp, to announce

1. he is still a MVP
    2. he will someday be an ex-MVP
    3. ex-MVPs should be entitled to nntp access too.

VaporTrail got banned for objecting to nntp.

So Goober/3-Box/Jethro (I'm mentioning the names you're using here, because my first thought is that different people are talking, but it's obvious that you're posting from different accounts),

I agree that it wasn't great behavior. Your behavior was similar (slightly off topic), and I'm guilty of that too. I'm not sure why they banned VaporTrail, except that maybe it compounded (like there were several issues). I don't want to sound like I'm defending them though, since I really have no idea.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:29 AM
    Owner

• Here is a timely example from just today.

"Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong... but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are.  You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions.  But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...  ...and an athlete... ...and a basket case... ...a princess... ...and a criminal...   Does that answer your question?"

Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.

Jethro (3-Box/Derosnec),

Which one am I looking at here? Was one of your posts in there? And I love Breakfast Club, but I failed to make the connection. Could you clarify?

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:32 AM
    Owner
  • 3-Box/Dersnec:

Compare this to the thread as it exists now.

Can you see a difference?

What value does it serve in its present condition?

3-Box/Derosnec/Ziffel,

No value! Looks like Noel arguing with himself. =^)

So the Ziffel responses were deleted? By you or an Admin?

On another note, Ziffel/you weren't being very nice. Any way to change that? Any way to get your valuable assistance in the forums without name calling? Words like "sociopath", "troll", "sanitarium", and anything that's accusing or pushing buttons?

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:38 AM
    Owner

• Ed, look at my first post there.

Was that not a thoughtful, researched, nicely formatted, accurate post?   The type you'd desire, and encourage here?

Look at Rick Dee's initial inept, barking rudeness.   Look at his later replies.

Look at Noel D Paton's later nntp-intrusion.  And his reaction to his bluff being called.

Who can contribute here, who can get in a word edge-wise, when you have those sanctioned trolls overrunning this place?

Who'd want to?

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:51 AM
  • I'm locking this thread. There isn't anything postive I can see coming from this.  People should just try to concentrate on helping users, not aggitating each other and doing things that come close to getting banned. It's not that hard to just particpate without causing problems and distractions in the community.

Community Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:27 AM
    Answerer