none
Need a script to reconnect to a server RRS feed

• General discussion

• I need a script that will allow me to dissconnect a server and reconnect to a server. I need this with user name and password and without a user name and password. Thanks in advance
    ramramram
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, July 28, 2014 5:24 PM Unanswerable drive-by question
    Monday, March 15, 2010 6:51 PM

All replies

• In general you don't connect to a server. You connect to a resource that is shared on a server, like a shared drive or an SQL Server database. The method used to make the connection varies with the type of resource and the technology (such as ADO or a Jet driver) you are using.

However, it is possible to authenticate to any computer (including a server) with alternate credentials. Again, there are several ways to do this depending on what you are doing. Also, once you authenticate, there is no real connection established. You have a token which allows you to access (establish a connection to) resources. Once you are authenticated, the server could go down and restart, and you would still be able to access resources on the server because your token would still be good. I don't see a reason to "drop" a connection and re-establish it.

I guess I need more information.

Richard Mueller

MVP ADSI
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:08 PM