Microsoft Money 2002 with Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to bite the bullet and upgrade my PC to Windows 10. What is suggested to preserve or transfer our Microsoft Money 2002 for use with Windows 10? As of June 2016, what is working or advised for other old version Money users? Thanks in advance!
    Sunday, June 19, 2016 2:20 PM

All replies

• Keep an extra copy of your *.mny file and latest *.mbf file on different media, such as a USB flash drive. You might want to review your backup procedures at this time... any time is a good time for that actually.

Then I would do the conversion. When I converted, my OneDrive folder (a separate folder at root level)  was not changed. But I have seen some indications that your Documents folder might come to be included in your OneDrive folder. You don't want your *.mny file that you are using in the cloud. One reason is that changes are made many times to the *.mny file while you are in Money. This applies to everybody.

While it does not apply to most people, I prefer to not put what I consider sensitive data in the cloud, but I do put well-encrypted versions of that data in the cloud. Yes, OneDrive and other cloud providers have considerable security. My method is probably overkill, but wasting effort being overly cautious is not something that bothers me.

Money 2002 should work fine after the conversions. If it did not, you can deal with it easily enough

Sunday, June 19, 2016 5:23 PM