Reinstallation of client RRS feed

• Question

• Orginally I had a client called Lenovo with a password of xxxxxx. I deleted that install on the Server and forgot the password. Sometime later I than reinstalled the USER "Lenovo" on the WHS Server with a new password zzzzzz  and reinstalled the Client Lenovo and entered the same new password zzzzzz. I now receive a error message that the passwords do not match. I have used every combination I can think of trying to get the passwords to match but without success. The only thing that comes to mind is that perhaps the Server is remembering the first install of Lenovo with the password I forgot of xxxxxx and thats where the difference comes in. So, is there a way to delete and passwords the the Server has in its database.?

Thanks

Frank

Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:10 PM

Answers

• frankjg said:

Orginally I had a client called Lenovo with a password of xxxxxx.  I deleted that install on the Server and forgot the password. Sometime later I than reinstalled the USER "Lenovo" on the WHS Server with a new password zzzzzz  and reinstalled the Client Lenovo and entered the same new password zzzzzz. I now receive a error message that the passwords do not match. I have used every combination I can think of trying to get the passwords to match but without success. The only thing that comes to mind is that perhaps the Server is remembering the first install of Lenovo with the password I forgot of xxxxxx and thats where the difference comes in. So, is there a way to delete and passwords the the Server has in its database.?

Thanks

Frank

Please see Ken Warren's FAQ post and see if it helps.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 4:39 AM