OPC - digital signature problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to sign a VSIX file (by hand, because I want to understand every single step).

Now, my problem is, that after signing, when I verify the signature with VsixSignTool, I get the error "Some unsigned parts are present in package." ... my problem is to understand which one it means (I don't understand all the stuff that's generated at the moment... for me it seems, that some relations/files need a signature and some not).

First (before signing) I have some files in the vsix, like "catalog.json", "extension.vsixmanifest", "MyMacros.dll", "MyMacros.pkgdef" and "1033\MyMacrosUI.dll". And of course also a "[Content_Types].xml"

After the signature I have a new "_rels" folder containing a ".rels" file. Plus a "package\services\digital-signature" folder containing this:

"_rels\origin.psdsor.rels", "certificate\<hash>.cer", "xml-signature\p9<...>.psdsxs", "xml-signature\_rels\p9<...>.psdsxs.rels" and "origin.psdsor"

The signature file (p9<...>.psdsxs) does name only the "package\services\digital-signature\_rels\origin.psdsor.rels" of the new files (that I get when signing), but no other ones. So... where's the error? Which one should be named and why isn't it? What do I have to add (I guess I'm missing some relations... but I don't understand those relations...)

Rudolf

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 9:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Rudolf Meier,

from the description of the thread, I can see that issue is not related with Office Development.

so I try to contact with other forum related to this issue.

other forums are not able to decide which is the best forum for your issue.

so for better response and better solution for your issue.

I move this thread to "Where is the Forum For…?" Forum.

further community member will redirect you to correct forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Does this help:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997171.aspx

Or I would ask here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vsx

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by pituachMVP Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:22 PM
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:49 AM
  • No, doesn't and... I won't ask them... I guess I'm faster, when I'm trying to figure it out myself... forums are so useless in our time... incredible...
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:21 PM
  • OK, found it...

Rudolf

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:43 PM