Restore CD RRS feed

• Question

• I need to do a complete restore to a previous WHS backup of one of my computers.

I know there is a URL where you can download an image to produce a Restore CD.  However, the web pages doesn't say if it is an upgrade to the CD that came with my WHS software or not.

Question is; Can I use the CD that came with my software or do I need to download the image and make a NEW cd????

Thanks,
    Friday, February 13, 2009 6:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you have your cd's that came with your home server. I would use that. I have a pdf of how to do a restore if you would like that. It helps you to create a flash drive with all your computers drivers on it.
    I found a link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=196fe38c-df20-4e19-92ca-6bda7bec3ecb&DisplayLang=en

Josh
    • Marked as answer by TaubertRC Friday, February 13, 2009 8:07 PM
    Friday, February 13, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I assume the PDF file has nothing to do with the link you provided so yes I would really appreciate a copy.  My email is rctaubert@eaglecom.net .

I find it interesting that the document at the link you provided doesn't mention that you MUST have your DHCP server enabled in order to do the restore.  I have mine turned off and all computers are fixed IP addresses.  I wouldn't have know that if I hadn't stumbled across a thread where if was discussed in detail.

Again, thank you.

Friday, February 13, 2009 7:47 PM
  • The link is to the download at Microsoft. Yes you do need DHCP on the document I sent you should go over most issues. I have had to restore a couple of computers and it was a snap.
    Good luck and post back your experiance so others can learn from it.
    I think WHS is the best home device in a very long time.

Josh
    Friday, February 13, 2009 8:06 PM