PP3 Connector Installation Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Happily using PP3 beta saw PP3 final was available so I installed it and then spent 2 hours last night trying to install the connector software.
    Story so far, upgraded PP3 from the Upgrade button in the console, rebooted server. Three client machines one XP two Win 7, connector icon turned red with message to upgrade so I tried, they get to a dialog with Downloading files and then hang at 0%, so I thought ok I'll load it from the server software, it then hangs with a CopyFile dialog. So I uninstalled the connectors on the clients, rebooted and retried with same results. This is on all three clients. Never had any problem installing connectors previously.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 11:57 AM

Answers

• Sorted, when I tried to copy the connector files from the server to the client to try installing from the client (as per Kariya21's suggestion) one of the files refused to copy. It appears when PP3 downloaded it found a bad segment on one of the WHS disks, I removed that disk from the server pool after deleting the file and emptying the recycle bin, reinstalled PP3, and all connectors then installed OK from Upgrade on the client connector icon.
    • Marked as answer by freyn Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:45 PM
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:44 PM

All replies

• Happily using PP3 beta saw PP3 final was available so I installed it and then spent 2 hours last night trying to install the connector software.
    Story so far, upgraded PP3 from the Upgrade button in the console, rebooted server. Three client machines one XP two Win 7, connector icon turned red with message to upgrade so I tried, they get to a dialog with Downloading files and then hang at 0%, so I thought ok I'll load it from the server software, it then hangs with a CopyFile dialog. So I uninstalled the connectors on the clients, rebooted and retried with same results. This is on all three clients. Never had any problem installing connectors previously.
    Did you try copying the install files to your client desktop, then run it from there?
    Friday, November 27, 2009 2:51 PM
    Did you try copying the install files to your client desktop, then run it from there?

Same here, tried the direct install but install doesn't complete since it say it can connect, I had issue with the conector software previously with the acer, why arent't microsoft upgrading the connector software thru windows update is the question...
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:05 AM
  • Sorted, when I tried to copy the connector files from the server to the client to try installing from the client (as per Kariya21's suggestion) one of the files refused to copy. It appears when PP3 downloaded it found a bad segment on one of the WHS disks, I removed that disk from the server pool after deleting the file and emptying the recycle bin, reinstalled PP3, and all connectors then installed OK from Upgrade on the client connector icon.
    • Marked as answer by freyn Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:45 PM
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:44 PM
  • got the same problem, but cannot find any update of the connector software in shared software folder-home server connector software.
    Tried to copy it to local, but didn´t work. Who can help me?
    Got also corrupt files acoording to the (old) connector software, but the files cannot be found and/or deleted...
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:03 PM
  • got the same problem, but cannot find any update of the connector software in shared software folder-home server connector software.

Have you ever moved/renamed/deleted the folder from it's original path (\\server\software\home server connector software, replacing "server" with the name of your server)?  If not, what are the dates of the files in that folder?

Tried to copy it to local, but didn´t work. Who can help me?

What do you mean "it didn't work"?  You couldn't copy it or you couldn't install it?

Got also corrupt files acoording to the (old) connector software, but the files cannot be found and/or deleted...
    You might have a hard drive failing in your server.  You could try running chkdsk on those drives by following the FAQ post:  How to check all the drives in your server for errors.
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:23 PM
  • thanks for your quick reply.i did not rename the folder. the files in the folder are dated on 7/10/2009 (7oct). the folders (dotnetfx20 and windiwsinstaller31) in this folder are dated 27/11/2009

I copied the files local and try to start the setup. same error that says that the files cannot be downloaded from the server.

I´ve got corupted files, so i´m doing a chdsk now. But wil this cause the problem??
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:45 PM
  • thanks for your quick reply.i did not rename the folder. the files in the folder are dated on 7/10/2009 (7oct). the folders (dotnetfx20 and windiwsinstaller31) in this folder are dated 27/11/2009

I copied the files local and try to start the setup. same error that says that the files cannot be downloaded from the server.

I´ve got corupted files, so i´m doing a chdsk now. But wil this cause the problem??
    If the files are residing on a part of the hard drive that's failing, I could see how you might have a problem.  Once chkdsk /r (you did include the "/r", right?) is done, if the files still don't work, you can try uninstalling PP3 from the server desktop, reboot the server, install PP3 again, reboot it again, then try running the setup file.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 1:48 AM