activation issue windows xp pro spanish RRS feed

• Question

• i am trying to install oem software windows xp pro spanish version to my new system but i have no lock ot says that the product key is not valid any body can help me?
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:08 AM

Answers

• Hello morones28,

Did the Product Key that you are trying to use, come with the software that you are trying to install?

If Not, then Carey is probably correct.  The Product Key and the software both must be:

For same Licensing version (i.e. OEM, Retail or Volume)
    For same Version of XP (i.e. Home or Pro)
    and
    For same Language

If the Product Key and the Software do not match in all three areas, the key will not be accepted.

Your best bet for success is to use the Software that originally came with the Product Key you are trying to use.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:19 PM

All replies

• Well, you need to puchase a product key for a Spanish version of Windows XP.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:50 AM
  • Hello morones28,

Did the Product Key that you are trying to use, come with the software that you are trying to install?

If Not, then Carey is probably correct.  The Product Key and the software both must be:

For same Licensing version (i.e. OEM, Retail or Volume)
    For same Version of XP (i.e. Home or Pro)
    and
    For same Language

If the Product Key and the Software do not match in all three areas, the key will not be accepted.

Your best bet for success is to use the Software that originally came with the Product Key you are trying to use.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:19 PM
  • Hello Melvin Hernandez,

That product key gets over 10 pages of hits from a web search.  If it is not already blocked by Microsoft, it will be soon.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:08 AM