CRM 2011 Online organization does not work from Azure, but works from local debug. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I'm experiencing a strange problem concerning authentication to a certain organization with my azure-published application which integrates with CRM Online 2011.

The Product

Basically the application runs in Azure and connects to the CRM organization in question and does various things - it uses the 2007 webservices.

The Problem

For CRM Online, we connect using live id obviously, and this works just fine for all online organizations except one. When attempting to retrieve the wlid ticket for this organization, the wsse:BinarySecurityToken is empty. BUT here's the kicker: It works as expected when debugging in VS2010. It is only the deployed solution which is having problems - and only with this organization. The same scenario with another organization works as intended. The organization is not a part of the new Office365 organizations.

The Question

What can cause a CRM 2011 Online organization to not return the BinarySecurityToken to one machine, but still work when debugging on another? I almost feel like the organization somehow has managed to blacklist my Azure service, but as far as I am aware that is not even possible.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 2:42 PM