i am getting message that windows is not genuine what can i do?? i tryed slui.exe 4 to get to phone options but nothing happens RRS feed

• Question

• windows is telling me i don't have genuine   i tryed slui.exe 4 but nothind happens
    Friday, October 22, 2010 12:16 AM

Answers

• Hello, martellind

For us to be able to better assist you, we will need you to post the full diagnostic report from the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
    After running the diagnostics click Copy and then paste the report back to us.

One step you can try in the meantime would be to run the SFC tool to repair any damaged files. To do this, go to Start, type  command in the search box, in the search results, right click  Command Prompt and choose  Run as Administrator.
    In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press enter:  sfc /scannow

After the tool is finished try opening the activation screen once more.

David
    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:13 PM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hello, martellind

For us to be able to better assist you, we will need you to post the full diagnostic report from the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
    After running the diagnostics click Copy and then paste the report back to us.

One step you can try in the meantime would be to run the SFC tool to repair any damaged files. To do this, go to Start, type  command in the search box, in the search results, right click  Command Prompt and choose  Run as Administrator.
    In the Command Prompt, type the following command and press enter:  sfc /scannow

After the tool is finished try opening the activation screen once more.

David
    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:13 PM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:29 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:13 PM