none
Streets & Trips 2011 pushpin set fail RRS feed

• General discussion

• The following thread contains a discussion of problems associated with the conversion of S&T2009 maps into S&T2011:

http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/4291-streets-trips-2011-pushpin-set-fail.

Basically, the problem is that manually entered pushpins will not up convert from S&T2009 to S&T2011 because the Data Set properties does not contain the "Balloon" tab.

The magic word is "Balloon". When you create a pushpin manually you can add the related address data into the balloon by right clicking on the positioned icon and selecting "Show information". The entered data will appear in the balloon and as "matching Information" in the associated Data Set properties dialog box. However, the "Balloon" Tab is NOT created (it's only created when you import the data set from a database) and without this tab the matching information is not transferred when you cut & paste, also the data set itself is NOT up converted when read by Streets & Trips 2011 .

Note: I think that this cut & paste problem has always been present, but the up convert use to work. I up converted an old S&T2007 to S&T2009 and it converted properly - it does not work when you up convert to S&T2011.This means that, if I upgrade to 2011, I'll have to re-enter hundreds of push pin data elements!

Any solutions out there . . .??

MarvF

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:55 PM

All replies

• Marv,

No solution, just the same basic question.  Here's how I phrased it:  "Streets and Trips 2011 is supposed to be backwards compatible, right?  I downloaded the software and tried to use it to open a map (data file) created with the 2009 version.  The map opens, but most of the saved push pins and other information are not there.  What am I doing wrong?"

No response yet.  You?

Sunday, April 3, 2011 2:03 PM
  • how can Microsoft sell a product like this that is not actually backwards compatible? this is happening for all my users and its a pain because now i have to downgrade everyone

thanks a lot Microsoft

Friday, July 15, 2011 2:16 PM
  • this is really garbage software.

the import screens just plain suck.

fatfrank

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:23 PM