A Neighbors One Care story RRS feed

• General discussion

• The other day a neighbor asked me over his computer was going nuts, Um Ok. Any ways I got there it's a Pretty beefy HP nice computer but the taskbar was full of what I think is Malware spamware these apps I saw fit the catagory.

My god what a nightmire I almost just wiped it out and reloaded windows but there was no OS disk HP now relies on a bakup partition. OK I asked the neighbor howed all this junk got on here his reply I don't know do I need the stuff I said do you use it he said no. I cleaned up the computer took 10 hours No virus or spyware protection accept for the spyware malware type apps running in the task bar after running Windows xp clean up tool disc clean up and defrag I installed

One Care nailed all the other 129 Items that were virus and spyware types on the computer.

I've not talked to the guy in a while I hope he got a subscription and continued using one care 

Most likey he let it run out and wloc sitting on the computer out of date. 

Saturday, December 22, 2007 11:40 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback Mikro, it sounds like your neighbor is the type of person OneCare was made for Smile

chuck

Saturday, December 22, 2007 5:32 PM