2 General CRM 2011 OnLine Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

1. I know that when i perches a new On-line CRM I get 5 GB of cloud free space - 

How can I buy more? And what are the prices? (I couldn't find it on the web site, sorry)

2. how many Outgoing E-Mails can I send each time I make a Campaign?

Thank you,

Yoav

Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:01 PM

Answers

• 1. As you use more than 5GB of storage, it automatically bills you for the extra.  It's about $10/GB/Month.

2. Outgoing email depends on what you're doing.  Currently, CRM doesn't handle email for you.  You need your own email server, or a connection to a third-party marketing company.  So if you're using your own server, it's whatever you want to send.  If you're using a third-party firm, it's whatever they let you send.

Note: number 2 will change very soon.  MS has purchased an email marketing company to integrate to CRM, and will soon be offering email marketing directly from CRM.  No prices or limits have been announced yet, though.  Ping me at the end of January and I will know more (as should the community).

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by yoavti Friday, January 4, 2013 11:12 AM
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:38 PM

All replies

• 1. As you use more than 5GB of storage, it automatically bills you for the extra.  It's about $10/GB/Month.

2. Outgoing email depends on what you're doing.  Currently, CRM doesn't handle email for you.  You need your own email server, or a connection to a third-party marketing company.  So if you're using your own server, it's whatever you want to send.  If you're using a third-party firm, it's whatever they let you send.

Note: number 2 will change very soon.  MS has purchased an email marketing company to integrate to CRM, and will soon be offering email marketing directly from CRM.  No prices or limits have been announced yet, though.  Ping me at the end of January and I will know more (as should the community).

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by yoavti Friday, January 4, 2013 11:12 AM
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Thank you,

What about if I use the Outlook to sent mails from the CRM what is the maximum amount recommended to send each time?

Friday, January 4, 2013 11:13 AM
  • If you're using Outlook, it's still going to be limited by whatever mail server you're using for your Outlook mail.  Plus, if you close your computer, then Outlook stops sending.

As a practical matter, if you're planning on sending thousands of messages out through Outlook at a time, you're going to make your email unusable for a while as it works.  Might tie up your network, too. Plus, your Outlook storage file is going to balloon up if you don't clean out your Sent Messages.

Friday, January 4, 2013 1:42 PM