trying to change to new email address RRS feed

• Question

• I updated my credit card undering billing and noticed my email was the old one so I changed it.  Then went to account.live.com and successfully changed my alternate email and password but when I try to change to my new email address is says I can't use a verizon.net in my Windows Live ID.  What am I doing wrong?  I have checked availability and it says its okay to use then when I click save I'm denied the use.  AND, is billing and here the only places I need to change my email?

Leeinbvtn

Sunday, July 6, 2008 6:33 PM

Answers

• If you are trying to change the Live ID on your One Care subscription I'm pretty sure that can't be done. The only way I know of to work around this is to wait until your One Care subscription expires, then start a new subscription using the new Live ID.

Sunday, July 6, 2008 9:38 PM

All replies

• If you are trying to change the Live ID on your One Care subscription I'm pretty sure that can't be done. The only way I know of to work around this is to wait until your One Care subscription expires, then start a new subscription using the new Live ID.

Sunday, July 6, 2008 9:38 PM
  • The LiveID for your OneCare subscription does not need to be your email address. A LiveID remains valid even if your email address changes.

When your account is due to be renewed, contact OneCare support to cancel. Then create a new LiveID (I suggest *not* using your email address, but create an @live LiveID and then activate it as a Hotmail account at www.hotmail.com - and access that email account at least once per month to keep it active) and start a new subscription.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:39 PM