First time rockstar..... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey guys.....this is my first time in the MS Student Rockstars.....I hve registered for the rockstar as well as IC08.......can u guys pls help out about hw the competitions are held and how m i supposed to prepare for them....Ur help will be deeply appreciated!!!
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:29 AM

All replies

• Regarding the Student Rockstar, the Coding Challenge held every month is the jackpot.. Do well in the coding challenge and you can easily gain 1000+ points per month.. Also participate actively in the forums. Other paths to points are - upload whitepapers (One request, keep it original...), download others whitepapers and rate them , post announcements and finally, login daily not only to get points but to gain knowledge too...

All the very best for your success in the competition....

Thursday, September 20, 2007 1:21 PM
  •  

Prepare for the coding challenge by taking the mock test at Devsquare... This will let you know how the environment is and familiarize yourself with the same...

Thursday, September 20, 2007 1:24 PM
  • Hello Raghuram,

can u know what is the date is consider for counting the points means it is counted by the joining date or from the month end means 31st or 30th.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:12 PM
  • The point accural takes place at the end of each month. Since this is the first month of the contest, if the accural is delayed, dont panic. It happens maximum in a weeks time.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:14 PM
  •  

Hello,

hussain

so the date for counting the points is 1st oct.??????

KRUNAL DOSHI

Thursday, September 20, 2007 11:24 PM
  •  

I guess so....the accural of points is by 1st oct.....dats for the category of points dat get updated at the "End of the Month".....(see Points earn table).....but the points wich are supposed to be updated "Online Real Time", shud get updated as soon as u perform the task for wich ur gonna get the points.....
    Friday, September 21, 2007 4:30 AM
  • @Krunal,

There is no fixed date for point updation. From my past expereince in the last competition, point updation took place anytime , in the last 3 days of the month or the first 3 days of the consecutive month. So sit tight. No need to worry about the updation, it'll happen when they should happen.

Good luck!

Friday, September 21, 2007 8:13 AM
  • Hello Hussain,

thank u for your help. & hussain why r u reply as a general.

next time u reply then reply from my link bcoz it is alert by the microsoft.

in this time i am not getting the reply alert thats why .

once again thank u for your help.

KRUNAL DOSHI

Friday, September 21, 2007 8:40 AM
  • Well Krunal i m also a newcomer in Rockstar but i can suggest you whatever i have gained in these days,

Way to score

First and easiest way is through referals just inform your friends and make them participate as you will get the points for it.

Second way is College website, its the best one as u know better how ur college site should look like,

there are few more ways to score such as replying in forums, responding to others replies

Score throughout the period of approx 10 months and you can defintely make it to the top,

Its really not that tough as it seems.

Friday, September 21, 2007 1:38 PM
  • Hello sanjeev,

so u start preparation for the college website contest, means u start learning about the new technology

if u start than plz. share your knowledge with us.

thank u,

Krunal Doshi

Friday, September 21, 2007 10:08 PM
  • Well i am trying to ..................... Krunal,

As soon as i have anything to share i will definitely do,

I m still in the learning process.

Saturday, September 22, 2007 9:00 PM
  • By the way you are at 7 place in the chart that shows u r already experienced in all these technologies,

When did you joined Rockstar?

Saturday, September 22, 2007 9:02 PM
  •  

HI krunal

would u plz tell me can we make our website on dreamweaver...or is it compulsory to make it with the help of the tools available....

SAURABH

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:29 PM
  •  

hi swapneel ,

This is the Place To get and share Te knowledge !! So share what ever u know ,... Participate in IC .. that will be a great Experience !! All the best !!

Regards

Mohan

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:30 AM