Live One Care, Comp. removal RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using XP Home w/ Win Live one Care. I had a second computer in my circle that has now been taken off. I can't get it to remove it off the list. When I click "remove this PC" It says  error is preventing one care from removing it & to restart comp. I did that but still get the same error. The other comp. is not being use at all as it was replaced. I tried the "fix it" button also nothing there either.
    Monday, December 28, 2009 7:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Removing the PC is completely optional. If you only have one PC using OneCare, simply stop monitoring the Circle by changing the PC to not be a hub PC.
    You can also contact support for help with removing the PC from the Circle if the problem persists and you wish to remove it.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, January 1, 2010 8:57 PM
  • well this does not remove the unwantes pc all i it did was hide them so how do i remove them the pc are gone
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:56 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. I was finally able to get the other computer removed/
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 10:29 PM
  • well this does not remove the unwantes pc all i it did was hide them so how do i remove them the pc are gone

As noted above, you don't need to remove the PC fro  yoru subscription. It is optional.
    If you select Remove this PC from the view of your Circle on a hub machine, it should remove it from the subscription and if that PC is connected, it will unsubscribe that installed OneCare. If you encounter an error when clicking Remove, contact support or ignore the listing showing the inactive PC.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:38 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. I was finally able to get the other computer removed/

Glad that it worked out for you.
    -steve
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:38 PM