The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am interested in other people experience about one problem before I rise Microsoft ticket. I have a problem with one plugin from one solution after applying rollup update 8 to my CRM 2011. After successful update of CRM I have found out that one solution is not working. I have contacted vendor of solution and they gave me a new version of solution, which corrected most of my problems, but one plugin refuses to cooperate. Specifically when plugin is triggered I got error "The plug-in type could not be found in the plug-in assembly". I have contacted vendor about this problem, and we tried to unregister plugin and then to import solution again, but no luck. Together we tried to unregister whole assembly and then to import solution again, but still no luck. I have tried to reboot crm and sql server several times, again no luck. I have done many iisreset on crm server, and again I am stuck on same error. I even updated my CRM to rollup update 10, and again I have same situation. I cannot rollback to previous rollup with database and server restore because users have entered too much data in database, so restore is not solution.

It is managed solution, location of assembly is in database. Our developers looked into this problem, and they don't have solution too. Vendor don't have solution for this problem too, but they told me to contact Microsoft support, because they think it is problem in CRM which don't see correctly specific plugin.

I am not so versatile with crm troubleshooting, so I am interested did anybody had anything similar? Or somebody can point me where to look or where to trace source of problem?

Thank you for your help.

Jovan Milosavljevic

Friday, September 14, 2012 10:54 AM

Answers

• Still no luck, but we decided to give up and not to contact Microsoft support. We found 2 plugins with same error, and with help of our developers we concluded that those plugins are not used in our production environment, so all we did is uninstalled them.

Best regards.

Jovan Milosavljevic

Monday, October 8, 2012 12:46 PM

All replies

• I'd recommend turning on, CRM platform tracing using the tool below.

This gives very detailed information about what CRM is doing and you should then have a much better idea of what the problem.

http://mscrmtools.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/new-tool-crmdiagtool-2011.html

John Grace (Founder, North52) Simplifying CRM & xRM development How? Check out Formula Manager at, North52

Friday, September 14, 2012 1:43 PM
  • Hi Jovan,

any luck?

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 5:04 PM
  • Still no luck, but we decided to give up and not to contact Microsoft support. We found 2 plugins with same error, and with help of our developers we concluded that those plugins are not used in our production environment, so all we did is uninstalled them.

Best regards.

Jovan Milosavljevic

Monday, October 8, 2012 12:46 PM