none
70-638 RRS feed

• Question

• Good day all.

I've recently been thinking about taking the above exam, so I started to research training options.  According to the official MS site

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-638&locale=en-us#tab3

• there are no Press Books
    • there is no single class to take, but there are multiple classes available that are spread out over time
    • there is one 8 hour e-learning class that has an invalid link
    • there are two online sites that offer practice tests, however, only one of the sites actually offer a practice test, and that is a little unsettling

Looking at previous questions that have been asked on the same question in here, I've found that there were 3 other options for online training as well, but they no longer exist.  Also, it looks as though all questions on the topic stopped over a year ago.  So, has this gotten to a point where there isn't any interest in the test anymore so there is no reason to provide any support for learning more to take the test?

This test would really help me in a number of ways.  Primarily, it would help distinguish me from my peers since this is a technology that we are moving forward with in my company.  What I'm looking for is any valid sites or books (preferably Press Books) that provide good assistance with learning the material.

Thank you for any help.

Cosby

Monday, October 25, 2010 3:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Scroll down to the bottome of the above page and click on the LearningPortal link.  You'll find LOTS of training information there.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/training/ocs.aspx

• Marked as answer by Cosby.Wood Monday, October 25, 2010 6:37 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:58 PM
    Answerer
  • So that's where the E-Learning module's got off too.  Guess I got too lazy and used to everything being on the same page.  :)

The book is great to know about as well, but for some reason I was under the impression that this particular book, while good, is more of a reference book than a helpful study guide.  If it helps, then I'm all for it.  I'm just happy that I was lead in the right direction for the online modules that I thought went missing.

Thanks Charles.

Monday, October 25, 2010 6:37 PM