none
Official Microsoft Student Materials RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I am new at this. I just earn my MCT certfication and I found that I can downloaden all the teachers materials needed to teach the courses. But where can I buy the student materials if I want to teach a course? Thank you very much for your response.

Greetings

Monday, May 10, 2010 8:05 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can certainly be a frelance MCT and you can teach private classes as you have outlined here (As far as I know :-) - but you will want to be certain).  But you will not be able to purchase the student training materials directly.  When I have done this in the past I have worked with a couple of different training centers to allow me to purchase the student materials.  Also, as I mentioned you might want to post a question in the MCT newsgroups - there have often been posts there indicating a willingness to work with independent trainers this way.

Good luck with this course - and especially overall with your new company!

• Marked as answer by Conshe Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:33 PM
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:03 PM
  • Thanks Mike,

I just contacted a Microsoft Certified Partner who was willing to get the student kits for me.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:32 PM

All replies

• Congratulations on earning your MCT!

MCT's are not able to directly get student materials.  They will usually be provided by the learning center where you teach (either full time or on a contract).  There are training centers that at times will purchase student training kits for independent MCTs - be sure that you are following the rules when you teach outside of a learning center!  You may also want to look over the past postings in the MCT newsgroups for further information.

I believe the companies that are Microsoft Certified partners are also able to purchase student training materials, so you might find a company who is a member of that program to help you as well!

Monday, May 10, 2010 8:44 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it very much. I have a customer who want me to give one of his System engineer a Microsoft Training. I understand from your reply that I cannot do this without the help of a learning center? Now I have my own IT company and I want to be a MCT freelancer.

Greetings.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:09 PM
  • Yes, you can certainly be a frelance MCT and you can teach private classes as you have outlined here (As far as I know :-) - but you will want to be certain).  But you will not be able to purchase the student training materials directly.  When I have done this in the past I have worked with a couple of different training centers to allow me to purchase the student materials.  Also, as I mentioned you might want to post a question in the MCT newsgroups - there have often been posts there indicating a willingness to work with independent trainers this way.

Good luck with this course - and especially overall with your new company!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:03 PM
  • Thanks Mike,

I just contacted a Microsoft Certified Partner who was willing to get the student kits for me.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:32 PM