[CRM] Convert to case from C# code RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm looking for a way to convert Activity (email, phonecall) to case, just by sending an request from CRM plugin.

Unfortunately, i didn't found any request that will fit my requirements. 

Is there a way to send such request from plugin code?

In debugger i found that the message from the system is "ConvertActivity".

Thx for help.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of CRM are you using? In Dynamics 365 and CRM 2016there is a feature called Automatic Record Creation rules under service management which allows you to convert Emails, Phone calls like activities into Cases without writing any code. I think it’s worth exploring that feature.

Have a read here:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crminogic/archive/2015/08/12/automatic-record-creation-or-update-rules-in-dynamics-crm-2015-sp1

Sachith Chandrasiri

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:18 PM
  • Yes, i using newest version (Dynamics 365), but my client needs more functionality than just converting a activity to case, that's why i need to do it from the code.
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

create a button in your activity then call Custom Action from javascript.

In action add custom workflow.

I custom workflow write your code to create Case. 

Or you can create case from javascript also.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

You could use the create message on the case entity, all the detail from the activity can be made available in the context and can be used while creating the case.

Pre create allows you to intercept and do what you need to do.

regards,

Don

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:51 PM