Display name wrong and points missing RRS feed

• Question

•  When I initially registered for MSDN forums, I selected the alias AliasJ.  Within a couple of days, I changed it to Jaystation3, and have been posting under that name for months.

I had 3 stars and I believe that I was approaching 3,000 points.

On the new platform, I seem to be back to AliasJ, I have only 1 medal, and can't seem to find a points total anywhere.

I think I've been a top answerer in the Windows Forms forum, which was extremely active but appears not to have made the cut for the new platform.  Have we lost points from discontinued forums?  I know the point system is arbitrary and ultimately meaningless, but to the extent that it does denote community involvement, I don't think that contributors should take a hit due to some administrative restructuring.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.
    • Edited by Jaystation Friday, May 30, 2008 2:08 AM typo correction
    Friday, May 30, 2008 2:07 AM

Answers

• Hello AliasJ,

The points difference are not related to the display name issue. However, point accumulation and calculation is added up and applied per forum migration. So the partication points you have accumulated in the Windows Forms forums should carry over when that forum is migrated. Information on future forum migration will be posted in the forums.microsoft.com forums a few weeks before they take place. If you want to change your display name can you try clicking My Profile, changing it to Jaystation3 and Save?

Hope this helps and welcome to the new forums!

Brent Serbus STO Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Jaystation Monday, June 2, 2008 3:43 AM
    Friday, May 30, 2008 5:35 AM