none
Problems with KCD RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have been working on a set of scripts that will use Chocolatey to automate software installation across my network. I have built custom Chocolatey packages, and set up a repository on my network's file server. I've been trying to get around the double-hop problem for a little while, and found a good article on here about how to implement KCD to solve the problem. Before KCD, my script would tell me it couldn't find the location of the repository because of the double-hop. When I implement KCD, my script just doesn't output anything, and for some reason the script won't give me an error if I give it bad credentials. I feel like I missed something or implemented this wrong, and I'm completely stuck. I'll link my script in a Pastebin below. Any help or advice would be highly appreciated. If anyone needs anything clarified please feel free to ask.

https://pastebin.com/iUFqu14q

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:13 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:13 PM Question outside forum scope
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:36 PM

All replies

• I recommend reading the following link and validating that you have everything set up correctly. 

There is no way that we can discover how you are set up and there is no documentation that indicates that a distributed PowerShell process can be used with KCD.  KCD is targeted at a single service on a single computer.  This may make the setup more complex and the remoting protocols may not be compatible with KCD.

I suggest that you are in virgin territory with this which will require significant troubleshooting to determine where the disconnect is.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:52 PM
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:51 PM
  • I agree with jrv that you are asking a very specialized question that is not really directly related to scripting and would require hands-on troubleshooting to track down the problem. That's not really within the scope of this forum.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:57 PM