Reinstall connector software on Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• OK, I have been stupid.  I deleted the connector software from \\server\software\Home Server Connector Software directory.  Now I only have the orginal disks and of course my home server is now PP2 so the connector does not work.  A search of Microsoft.com all I could find was an reccomendation not to modify the folder (oops too late).  Apart from copying the old files and wait for PP3 (maybe a long time me thinks) then any ideas as to how to obtain the PP3 conector software installation files?
    Matt
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:25 PM

Answers

• OK, I have been stupid.  I deleted the connector software from \\server\software\Home Server Connector Software directory.  Now I only have the orginal disks and of course my home server is now PP2 so the connector does not work.  A search of Microsoft.com all I could find was an reccomendation not to modify the folder (oops too late).  Apart from copying the old files and wait for PP3 (maybe a long time me thinks) then any ideas as to how to obtain the PP3 conector software installation files?
    Matt

I assume you mean "...how to obtain the PP2 connector software installation files?"  :)  If so, please see the FAQ post:  How to fix "Page cannot be found" type errors when upgrading the connector.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by _MattS_ Monday, July 13, 2009 6:51 AM
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:34 PM

All replies

Matt

I assume you mean "...how to obtain the PP2 connector software installation files?"  :)  If so, please see the FAQ post:  How to fix "Page cannot be found" type errors when upgrading the connector.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by _MattS_ Monday, July 13, 2009 6:51 AM
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:34 PM
  • Perfect, thanks Kariya21.  Certainly I ment PP2 and the FAQ worked fine.  Only problem was  "page not found" as per the tile of the FAQ was not what was happening for me so I did not serarch the FAQ's with this. :-(  Thanks for your help.  MattS
    Matt
    Monday, July 13, 2009 6:55 AM