none
WINDOWS XP computer screen freezes and becomes unresponsive RRS feed

• General discussion

• my computer screen freezes and becomes unresponsive EVERY 30-35 MINS. then I try to restart the computer and it goes through the motions but ends up with a blank screen and a couple of minutes later continues in the restart mode again and does the same thing. this will continue forever. So I turn off the CPU and sometimes I unplug it and start again and it start up fine but again will only last a max of 35 mins. I am using Windows XP..please help me

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:45 AM

All replies

• "kldcda" wrote in message news:3700fac7-8536-4293-bedf-e584113bca1b...

my computer screen freezes and becomes unresponsive EVERY 30-35 MINS. then I try to restart the computer and it goes through the motions but ends up with a blank screen and a couple of minutes later continues in the restart mode again and does the same thing. this will continue forever. So I turn off the CPU and sometimes I unplug it and start again and it start up fine but again will only last a max of 35 mins. I am using Windows XP..please help me

Almost sounds like it is overheating.  Power off the computer, open the case and blow out the dust bunnies inside (I take mine out of the house to do this) with either a can of compressed air (carefully to ensure that nothing is misplaced by hitting delicate parts inside) or the exhaust from a vacuum cleaner.  Don't suck out the dust as this may suck out important parts.

Ensure that the power supply fan, case fans, CPU fan, CPU heat sink, and video card fans are also cleaned.  Carefully wipe off any encrusted debris on the blades then blow them off again.  Let us know if this helps.
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:00 PM