Creating a Reference Box GUI for LAPS RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

We use LAPS here for local admin passwords. 

It ca be quite long-winded obtaining the password for each computer and I wanted to script a little application or GUI to help admin staff.

The powershell command is Get-AdmPwdPassword -ComputerName "Computername"

Can somebody walk me through the process of scripting a little application that when they click on it, a box will appear asking them for the hostname which they type in and then the details are displayed - rather then them having to go through SCCM which they are currently using or powershell directly.

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Tuesday, April 14, 2020 5:07 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, April 14, 2020 5:07 PM This is not "scripts on demand"
    Monday, November 4, 2019 3:03 PM

All replies

• Can somebody walk me through the process of scripting a little application that when they click on it...

So...that would be a request for a script, which isn't really the purpose of this forum. Please read the first post at the top of the forum:

This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests

I would add that this may seem like a small request (for someone to "walk you through"), but in reality it really isn't as trivial as you think.

That said, though, if you have code that isn't working, please create a short script that contains the minimal amount of code needed to reproduce the problem, post it here, specifically describe how the code doesn't work, and then perhaps we can be of assistance.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Monday, November 4, 2019 4:36 PM