none
Impress Your Friends by having your own Submit Button RRS feed

Answers

• We have a bug that we're looking into regarding HTML elements/tags/formatting that's acceptable (or not) when posting content such as replies or new thread. We've seen several issue regarding HTML that affects rendering issues in Forums. In this case, this button doesn't affect the post but should not be a valid HTML within the post.

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:22 PM
  • Hi,

We're not stripping the fieldset tag. It's actually stored as part of the post. I just tried it and noticed that it renders fine if you edit the post (that has that tag) however doesn't render in the thread or messages view.

It's a bug however could change depending on the fixes against invalid HTML fragments. No official ETA on the fix but we're discussing it.

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:26 PM

All replies

• We have a bug that we're looking into regarding HTML elements/tags/formatting that's acceptable (or not) when posting content such as replies or new thread. We've seen several issue regarding HTML that affects rendering issues in Forums. In this case, this button doesn't affect the post but should not be a valid HTML within the post.

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:22 PM
  • While I have your attention....I used to use the FieldSet tag in my posts and they worked, but as of late they have been stripped from the view?

Are these no longer considered valid HTML? Note the editor shows the fieldset fine, but once posted it gets stripped. Here is a post I did awhile back with fieldsets now stripped: Long running Working VSTO application RIP.

Thoughts?

advTHANKSance
    William Wegerson (www.OmegaCoder.Com)
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:03 PM
  • Hi,

We're not stripping the fieldset tag. It's actually stored as part of the post. I just tried it and noticed that it renders fine if you edit the post (that has that tag) however doesn't render in the thread or messages view.

It's a bug however could change depending on the fixes against invalid HTML fragments. No official ETA on the fix but we're discussing it.

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:26 PM
  • Thank you Don for replying and humoring an old MSDN poster. Note as an addition, I got clarification from a user here is how he ended up getting this look:

Highlight (in IE8 currently) submit cancel and alert and drag and drop. I originally couldn't reproduce so I thought it was just putting <button> tag into HTML, but he explained how he ended up doing it.

I didn't know drag and drop was allowed. It would be nice if it blockquoted text upon drop....hmmmm

William Wegerson (www.OmegaCoder.Com)
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:35 PM
  • We'll figure this out :)
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:19 PM