Blocked PID RRS feed

• Question

• I built my computer using components (Including Windows XP PRO OEM) purchased from Newegg in November of 2004.  I had no trouble activating Windows XP back then.  Now WGA Validation is saying my Product ID is blocked.  I have verified that the product key matches the POA.

I mistakenly tried changing the product id without a reinstall per the thread by Phil Liu.  Now I cannot even activate Windows XP.  I get an unauthorized product key message number: 45090.

Here are the results from the WGA  diagnostic tool that I am currently getting:

WGA Diagnostic Data (1.5.0530.2):
    --------------------
    Genuine Validation Status: Not Activated
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-WX6JH-2BP26-DRQ7G
    Windows Product Key Hash: /6pSgA/2tEFvw8a4oviKRw5TVsI=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2253315-53086
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: COA/Sysem Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    Download Center code: YX448FC
    ID: c6a6d6c2-8668-44a1-bb33-59f3cd7ec18e
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: Yes
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.532.0.
    Signature Type: Microsoft.
    Validation Diagnostic:

Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Office Status: 109
    Office Diagnostics:

Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>c6a6d6c2-8668-44a1-bb33-59f3cd7ec18e</UGUID><Version>1.5.0530.2</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-DRQ7G</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2253315-53086</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1060284298-1326574676-682003330</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>NVIDIA</Manufacturer><Model>AWRDACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20041023000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>8CA13D0F0184406D</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Friday, June 2, 2006 2:05 PM

Answers

• Steve:

Technically, the original purchaser is the OEM that sold it to NewEgg :) - But I digress (sorry if I offend you with that, I'm just trying to bring some light to the issue).

I recommend contacting support directly here

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=9860&

They will be able to contact you directly concerning the Product Key being used and reasons it may have been blocked. I do know OEM copies of Windows are specifically for certain machines built by OEM manufactures (usually not labeled for retail sale) - which may be the reason it was blocked. This is only speculation, however.

-Phil Liu

Friday, June 2, 2006 5:47 PM

All replies

•  

This KB article will give more information about activation.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307890

Please try this and let us know if you are able to activate, it may be related if you have had recent hardware changes lately.

-Phil Liu

Friday, June 2, 2006 3:02 PM
  • Phil,

I have already tried to activate using the Internet and using the phone.  Neither one works!

Steve Eskew

Friday, June 2, 2006 3:21 PM
  • Using your genuine Windows XP CD and the genuine Product Key that came with it, perform a "repair install".

How to Perform a Repair Install of Windows XP http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm  

Friday, June 2, 2006 4:22 PM
  • Steve:

I did a bit of digging into the Product ID thats being used on the machine. The Product Key, unfortunately, has been slated for blocking for one of two reasons:

The key (or group of keys) the product was packaged for was reported lost or stolen from the original purchaser and has been instructed to block.

I would recommend contacting NewEgg's customer service department to remedy this situation (as the media you have may not be counterfeit, but shouldn't have been sold for one reason or another). We can provide free WGA kits for counterfeit reports, but only if the media is a high quality counterfeit.

I'm terribly sorry for the bad news,

-Phil Liu

Friday, June 2, 2006 5:12 PM
  • Phil,

Since I am the original purchaser and I was able to activate the software when I originally installed it in November of 2004 and I did NOT report it as lost or stolen, I feel that my Product ID was blocked in error.

I have contacted Newegg and they will not replace the software since it has been more than 30 days from the invoice date.  It has been over 18 months and I have not had any problems with updates until this WGA update.

Steve Eskew

Friday, June 2, 2006 5:38 PM
  • Steve:

Technically, the original purchaser is the OEM that sold it to NewEgg :) - But I digress (sorry if I offend you with that, I'm just trying to bring some light to the issue).

I recommend contacting support directly here

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=9860&

They will be able to contact you directly concerning the Product Key being used and reasons it may have been blocked. I do know OEM copies of Windows are specifically for certain machines built by OEM manufactures (usually not labeled for retail sale) - which may be the reason it was blocked. This is only speculation, however.

-Phil Liu

Friday, June 2, 2006 5:47 PM
  •  

Now I cannot even activate Windows XP.  I get an unauthorized product key message number: 45090.

Thursday, June 8, 2006 10:07 AM