Validation Problem RRS feed

• Question

• My windows Vista 32 Bit Home Premium has been activated, but it still gives me the error message that says my license is not valid. (error 0XC004D01).  I am not able to validate my genuine windows software online.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  (I am running AVG antivirus is this an issue?)
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Could I ask you to take a second look at the error code you're getting.  It looks like there's a missing number.  Is it 0xC004D401?  If it is, please try this post for a solution: http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=897109&SiteID=25

If that's not the error code, or if that post doesn't help please let me know.  Thanks!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:10 PM
  • I am getting the exact same error.  It says there has been an unauthorised file change and that I need to re-activate.  But it blocks me from getting access to the license information.  Even my control panel no longer works.

If I try and go online, I am told that there is a incompatability issue and I need to re-install or uninstall the latest installation.  But nothing new has been installed.

Error: 0xC004D401
    Description:
    The security processor reported a system file mismatch error
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 2:06 AM
  • This thread is two years old.

Please create your own thread, post a Diagnostic Report as well as a decription of your issue

Darin MS
    Attention Forum All Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own.
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 9:10 PM