eService Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi brains!!

One of my customer is looking for eService Accelerator for MSCRM 4.0.

My question is:

My setup runs in Multy tendency (hosted MSCRM) where I got around 50 customers running on the same server /SQL.
    Is it possible to install eService without messing around the other company’s?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:12 PM

Answers

• This will depend upon the configuration of your hosted CRM architecture. Microsoft doesn't usually develop or test the solution accelerators with partner-hosted CRM in mind because there are so many different configurations to test. For example, do you have load-balance CRM application servers, do you have separate platform servers, are you running each customer's CRM system on it's own virtual web server connected to a shared database server?

Generally, the eService accelerators plugins (like any CRM 4.0 plugins) can be installed on a multi-tenanted CRM server without any issues. But if the eService portal generates a lot of traffic, then you could find that your CRM platform server (the CRM Async service) is flooded and fails to respond efficiently for other customers.

You'll also need to consider whether you want to host the customer's eService portal webpages or whether the customer wants to host the site on their own web server -- in which case they'll need to configure the web service calls through their firewall and yours.
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:33 PM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:28 PM
  • Yes, this will work, but if the customer's eService Portal is very busy it may cause problems for the Async service.

We hosted eService for a number of customers, but all of them wanted to host the pages on their own web server so that their web designers/developers could update the pages (we don't provide root access to a web server in our data centre).
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:54 PM
  • eService have a couple of components which may have impact on other organizations. eService can be installed only on the one organization but .. from my experience if you want to play with it and test I would like to recommend use test env. even virtual pc.
    If you are registered MBS parter - you can download Microsoft VPC machine with configured MSCRM4.0 ent. and eService (1.0)
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:02 PM

All replies

• This will depend upon the configuration of your hosted CRM architecture. Microsoft doesn't usually develop or test the solution accelerators with partner-hosted CRM in mind because there are so many different configurations to test. For example, do you have load-balance CRM application servers, do you have separate platform servers, are you running each customer's CRM system on it's own virtual web server connected to a shared database server?

Generally, the eService accelerators plugins (like any CRM 4.0 plugins) can be installed on a multi-tenanted CRM server without any issues. But if the eService portal generates a lot of traffic, then you could find that your CRM platform server (the CRM Async service) is flooded and fails to respond efficiently for other customers.

You'll also need to consider whether you want to host the customer's eService portal webpages or whether the customer wants to host the site on their own web server -- in which case they'll need to configure the web service calls through their firewall and yours.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:28 PM
  • Hi Neil,

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

The case is:

My company hosts MSCRM4.0 for our customers. My setup is running on 3 app servers and 2 sql servers with alot of ram/CPU :-)
    Everything is working fine.

Now I got this customer asking for eSerivce to be hosted with their MSCRM4.0. So am afraid to try it cuz I don’t know what will happen with the other orgs. Running on same servers.

So it is possible for them to setup a server to run eService and connect to hosted MSCRM running on my environment right?
    (With fw rules ofcourse)

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:47 PM
  • Yes, this will work, but if the customer's eService Portal is very busy it may cause problems for the Async service.

We hosted eService for a number of customers, but all of them wanted to host the pages on their own web server so that their web designers/developers could update the pages (we don't provide root access to a web server in our data centre).
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:54 PM
  • eService have a couple of components which may have impact on other organizations. eService can be installed only on the one organization but .. from my experience if you want to play with it and test I would like to recommend use test env. even virtual pc.
    If you are registered MBS parter - you can download Microsoft VPC machine with configured MSCRM4.0 ent. and eService (1.0)
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:02 PM