target drive for client backups RRS feed

• Question

• I have three pair of mirrored, 3T drives, labeled; W:\ and X:\ and Y:\.  I want to assign network client computers to use a specific drive, Y:\, for their backups.  I will then use, W:\ drive for Server backups, and X:\ as the location of the shares in "ServerFolders".  Where/how do go to assign the drives for their respective taskings ?
    Saturday, November 3, 2012 8:34 PM

Answers

• In the Dashboard, go to Server Folders & Hard Drives, Server Folders - there you should see the location of the pre-configured "Client Computer Backups" folder. Click on it and in the panel on the right click "Move folder". You can then move its location to wherever you want (Y: in your case).

Note that you can not do this for Server Backups - they can only be on a drive <2TB specifically allocated to Server backup (it does not have a drive letter). The easiest way to achieve this is to use Drive Management to remove the existing partition on the disk you want to use for Server Backup. It should then show up in the Dashboard as a disk available for Server backups - run the wizard and you are done.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:56 AM
    Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:04 PM

All replies

• In the Dashboard, go to Server Folders & Hard Drives, Server Folders - there you should see the location of the pre-configured "Client Computer Backups" folder. Click on it and in the panel on the right click "Move folder". You can then move its location to wherever you want (Y: in your case).

Note that you can not do this for Server Backups - they can only be on a drive <2TB specifically allocated to Server backup (it does not have a drive letter). The easiest way to achieve this is to use Drive Management to remove the existing partition on the disk you want to use for Server Backup. It should then show up in the Dashboard as a disk available for Server backups - run the wizard and you are done.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:56 AM
    Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:04 PM
  • Great, like at champ it's working.  When you get old you over look things that are staring you in the face.  Thank you.........
    Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:42 PM