Video's RRS feed

• Question

• I have a lot of videos that I have placed on WHS.  To save space, I recoded them to MP4.  I watch them in several ways, DLink DSM320, TVersity, Nero Show time, etc.   Prior to PP1, I had no problem in running them.  However, since I installed PP1, the new additions will not run.  I keep getting the message"cannot play ths media".  The videos that were installed prior to PP1, still work fine, just those that were installed/loaded after.  Any suggestions, or is this a known issue?

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:18 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

My server after PP1 had issues copying videos also. Some gave full size although they weren't full size (less than the whole video copied), some had corrupt indexes (wouldn't play at all in WMP, another video player fixed the index and it would play). The copy still on the client computer worked fine, so it was the copy process which corrupted my video files. Prior to PP1 I did not have this issue.
    Monday, June 16, 2008 2:20 PM
  • Did either of you file a bug on this issue through Connect?

Instructions are here -->  http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3483872&SiteID=50

thx in advance.

Monday, June 16, 2008 4:36 PM
  • No.  Not sure if it was a bug.  Will do so now.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:02 AM
  • It is hard to determine if it is a bug or not without the team seeing the log files.  Sometimes textual descriptions don't provide enough detail / history to understand the status of the server.

Logs hold the truth of the situation.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:57 AM
  • I submitted the logs/bug report as requested.  Any Progress/Solution?

Saturday, June 21, 2008 1:27 AM
  • What is the bug number????  Can't look it up if I don't have the number

Monday, June 23, 2008 8:08 PM

Saturday, June 28, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Not sure if it will help but I had the same problem with my .vob files not playing after installing PP1.  I was instructed to install Windows Search 4.0 for Server 2003 and now everything plays fine.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:12 PM