Old School Computer guy coming back onto the market... RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the thing... I got out of the computer industry back in 2001, after the bubble broke.  Kicked around with my own business for the past nine years but now am looking into 'returning to the fold'.  Had an extensive history (13 years) in everything from COBOL to C++ to ColdFusion to programming Symbol handhelds and cell phones.  It was fun and I was sad to see it go.
    I'm looking for a certification that would give me an edge in the Project Management arena.  I was breaking into that when everything went 'pop'.  I've looked through the catalog and found several different certification for Project but am unsure how to proceed. 
    Is there classroom work?  If so, how do I find out where it is offered near me?  Is the entire thing done on the web?
    I would appreciate any suggestions or help there may be out there.  Thanks in advance.

Jim
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

There are some of the exams related to .net programming and also the project server and project management MCTS under this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcts.aspx#vstudio-net

If you click on an exam you think might interest you, there is a description, and under the preparation materials tab, there are links to all of the classroom, e-learning and written courseware available for this certification.

To find a classroom training course near you, simply click on the appropriate course, and on the right hand side is a search field. Enter your location and it will find you somewhere to learn!

Good Luck

Brian

MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 4, MCITP x 2

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

If you like trance music, please listen to my radio show, by subscribing to the Trancendance Podcast, or by listening to the show as it airs on the third Wednesday of every month at 4pm (London Time)on www.slinky.fm

View my MCP Certifications
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:37 PM
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 12:41 PM