none
Delete uploaded file from TechNet forum RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

In a TechNet forum I have mistakenly uploaded an image without removing personal information and I would like to delete it. How do I do it?

Thanks for help.

Sunday, December 15, 2019 9:15 AM

Answers

• Yes, I see the url (guessing which post), and can confirm that the image is not found. You can still edit the post to remove the url.

Edit: The forum admins verify accounts in the verification thread about twice per week. So it may take a few days for your account to be verified. Then you can post hyperlinks and images.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Sunday, December 15, 2019 11:57 AM
  • Hello Richard,

I did not insert the image into any post, but it can still be accessed using its URI, which can be guessed by anyone who would like to harvest uploaded files. I do not think that deleting a post will delete the uploaded file.

Edit: The uploaded file is no longer available (HTTP error 404). Even another file, whose URI I mentioned in a post as plain text only (due to unverified account) is no longer available. It seems that unlinked files are deleted automatically after certain time.

• Edited by Petr Matas Sunday, December 15, 2019 11:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Petr Matas Monday, December 16, 2019 4:04 AM
    Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:53 AM

All replies

• At the bottom of your forum post you can click the link labeled Edit. Then in the editor you can delete the image. Or you can click the link at the bottom of the post labeled Delete to delete the entire post.

Edit: This is what you see at the bottom of a post you submitted:

Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:27 AM
  • Hello Richard,

I did not insert the image into any post, but it can still be accessed using its URI, which can be guessed by anyone who would like to harvest uploaded files. I do not think that deleting a post will delete the uploaded file.

Edit: The uploaded file is no longer available (HTTP error 404). Even another file, whose URI I mentioned in a post as plain text only (due to unverified account) is no longer available. It seems that unlinked files are deleted automatically after certain time.

• Edited by Petr Matas Sunday, December 15, 2019 11:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Petr Matas Monday, December 16, 2019 4:04 AM
    Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:53 AM
  • Yes, I see the url (guessing which post), and can confirm that the image is not found. You can still edit the post to remove the url.

Edit: The forum admins verify accounts in the verification thread about twice per week. So it may take a few days for your account to be verified. Then you can post hyperlinks and images.

Sunday, December 15, 2019 11:57 AM