MSP opens in read only mode RRS feed

• Question

• After clicking on mSP icon in project centre, MSP opens the plan in read only mode. Is this by design? Is there a way to make plans open for edit (and I know you can edit detail in PWA)?

Rgds

Mike
    Friday, March 12, 2010 3:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Mike:

Check to see if the plan was left checked out. This would explain why you are getting a read-only plan when you open.
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, March 12, 2010 3:25 PM
  • You also have an Edit button on the Ribbon that you can use if the project is not checked-out.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 7:41 PM
  • Hi Gary

I can see this behaviour on the demo vm as well as my own instance. All plans are checked in.
    You can open a plan in project from PWA by clicking on the adjacent icon or from the Open option (on the ribbon) - this gives you the choice of opening for edit or read only and work as expected.  The icon option opens read only (i.e. differently from 2007.

regards

Mike
    Monday, March 15, 2010 1:32 PM
  • I thought that's what you meant. I now see that you were clicking the icon in the grid, which does behave differently. I filed a bug on this because of the inaccurate tooltip.
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:10 PM
  • Thanks
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:46 AM
  • Hi Gary

I can see this behaviour on the demo vm as well as my own instance. All plans are checked in.
    You can open a plan in project from PWA by clicking on the adjacent icon or from the Open option (on the ribbon) - this gives you the choice of opening for edit or read only and work as expected.  The icon option opens read only (i.e. differently from 2007.

regards

Mike

I'm a beginner, The link you provided is very useful, Now I have a more clear idea about it.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 4:21 AM
  • Plz help i have same issue..

I have migrated from epm2007 to epm 2010(Project server 2010 SP1). i am using microsoft project professional 2007 SP2 at client .

My problem is when i go to projectCenter and try to open any project from indicator column then it is getting opened in read only mode while it should open the MS project in edit mode. i have confirmed that there is niether permission issue nor project is checked out. 

i have project server SP1 , so do you mean this icon of indicator column opens a MS project in read only mode and this is a bug? for SP1 , so we may need to apply cumulative updates to fix this issue.

So Plz can any one tell me what may be the reason and provide me any solution to overcome this problem.

thanxxx

sandeep
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:47 AM