Direct to Central Office with no PBX RRS feed

• Question

• What would be some recommended hardware to use if I don't want to interface to a PBX? In other words, I just need to connect directly to the central office. Most of the VOIP gateways I have seen on the supported hardware list appear to be for connecting to PBX systems and not going directly to the central office. My hope would be to bypass the PBX alltogether and use OCS 2007 and Office Communicator instead.

Thank you in advance.

Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi wjvii,

This depends on your environment. If you only need a small number of ports (up to 8 channels) and you have a ISDN PSTN -> Dialogic is offering a very interesting product (DIVA 4BRI ISDN Adapter 4 ports / 8 channels). In the future it will be shipped with SIPControl included so you don't need to buy additional licences for SIP2PSTN gateway. I don't know pricing for this product exactly but it should be lower than $1800.

This product will also be available with 120 channels and additional licenses for SIPControl.

Both can be used out-of-the-box with Exchange 2007 or OCS 2007 using one or more Mediation servers for redundancy.

HTH, Captain MESO

Friday, April 13, 2007 12:14 AM

All replies

• Hi wjvii,

This depends on your environment. If you only need a small number of ports (up to 8 channels) and you have a ISDN PSTN -> Dialogic is offering a very interesting product (DIVA 4BRI ISDN Adapter 4 ports / 8 channels). In the future it will be shipped with SIPControl included so you don't need to buy additional licences for SIP2PSTN gateway. I don't know pricing for this product exactly but it should be lower than $1800.

This product will also be available with 120 channels and additional licenses for SIPControl.

Both can be used out-of-the-box with Exchange 2007 or OCS 2007 using one or more Mediation servers for redundancy.

HTH, Captain MESO

Friday, April 13, 2007 12:14 AM
  • Most of the 4-24 port devices I have seen have FXO and/or FXS options. From what I read if I am connecting to line from my phone company, I need FXO. Can someone confirm that?

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:44 PM
  • Yup.  FXO connects to the 'O'ffice and FXS connect to the 'S'tation.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:33 PM