Problems Validating OneNote 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download the pdf add-in for OneNote 2007, which I purchased recently and is validated.  I have a new machine running Vista Ultimate.  Also installed is Office 2003 Professional (licensed and validated) and the trial version of Office 2007 Home and Student (not activated).

Here's the problem: OneNote 2007 and Office 2003 are validated with no problem, but because the trial version of Office 2007 Home and Student is on the machine but not activated with a product key, my machine fails to be validated.

What's the solution here?  I would like to keep the trial version of Office 2007 home and student on the machine because I want to try out MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint 2007.  Is there no way for me to download the pdf add-in without removing the trial (for what its worth, I've not even started the trial period for it).

Thanks,

Peter Blitstein

Saturday, April 7, 2007 4:33 PM

Answers

• You would need to uninstall the trial version of Microsoft Office since it does not have a license.  The WGA senses this and that is why you cannot pass the WGA authentication.
    Saturday, April 7, 2007 5:58 PM
  • PBlitstein,

The trial version won't validate. Please follow the advice Carey provides as he is spot on. Microsoft does not recommend running multiple versions of Office simultaneously although it can be done but not guaranteed. If you have further problems please re-post and I will provide another solution.

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:02 AM
  • Thanks for your answers.  I uninstalled the trial version of Office 2007 and reverted to Office 2003.  Things work fine now.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:05 PM
  • PBlistein,

Great!!! I am glad you are up and running again. Please drop by again if you run into any OGA issues.  Take care and thank you for the feedback.

regards,

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:25 PM

All replies

• You would need to uninstall the trial version of Microsoft Office since it does not have a license.  The WGA senses this and that is why you cannot pass the WGA authentication.
    Saturday, April 7, 2007 5:58 PM
  • PBlitstein,

The trial version won't validate. Please follow the advice Carey provides as he is spot on. Microsoft does not recommend running multiple versions of Office simultaneously although it can be done but not guaranteed. If you have further problems please re-post and I will provide another solution.

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:02 AM
  • Thanks for your answers.  I uninstalled the trial version of Office 2007 and reverted to Office 2003.  Things work fine now.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:05 PM
  • PBlistein,

Great!!! I am glad you are up and running again. Please drop by again if you run into any OGA issues.  Take care and thank you for the feedback.

regards,

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager,
    Stephen MS
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:25 PM