CRM 2011: Rollup 5 Installation fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hy

When I try to install the german language pack of rollup 5 (rollup 5 update of the server with base language english was successful), i've got the following error message:

- File "CRM2011.cab" is corrupt...(in german: Die für die Installation erforderliche Datei "CRM2011.cab" ist beschädigt und kann nicht verwendet werden...)

-> So I cannot install the rollup 5 of the german language pack...no when I open the Dashboard, the welcome screen (first steps) above the dashboard shows an error: Server Error in '/Help' Application.

Eventlog on the server:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.Platform, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Is this language pack corrupt or what's the problem? I've downloaded the pack also on another system, same problem...

Thanks for your help,

Peter

• Edited by peach_wyss Monday, November 7, 2011 12:35 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:12 AM

Answers

• ok i got it...after downloading again all the install-files, it works...strange.

Kind regards,

Peter

• Marked as answer by peach_wyss Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:22 AM
    • Edited by peach_wyss Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:22 AM

All replies

• Any information about this? We have the same issue on a german crm installation, when trying to install the server rollup 5 update (CRM2011-Server-KB2567454-DEU-amd64.exe):

- Eventlog: Produkt: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011  -- Fehler 1335. Die für die Installation erforderliche Datei "CRM2011.cab" ist beschädigt und kann nicht verwendet werden. Dies deutet auf einen Netzwerkfehler, einen CD-ROM-Lesefehler oder auf ein das Paket betreffendes Problem hin.

We really need to solve this...

Kind regards,

Peter

Monday, November 7, 2011 12:26 PM
  • ok i got it...after downloading again all the install-files, it works...strange.

Kind regards,

Peter

• Marked as answer by peach_wyss Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:22 AM
    • Edited by peach_wyss Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:22 AM