none
Custom control RRS feed

• Question

• I created a custom control based on Devexpress Calcedit (in Visual Studio 2017, windows forms visual basic). Therefore I had to add references to Devexpress components in the custom control. So far, no problem. the control is in my custom class.

When I put my custom control on a form in a new project everything works OK, but I have to add the Devexpress references manually to my new form. How can I make that the references to Devexpress are added automatically to my new form when I drag my custom component onto it?

Once i added the references manually, my custom control works perfectly.

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:41 AM

All replies

• This forum is for general questions about using the VB program language for .Net

For deexpress is this forum

https://community.devexpress.com/forums/

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:50 AM
  • I created a custom control based on another control (in Visual Studio 2017, windows forms visual basic). Therefore I had to add references to that other control's components in the custom control. So far, no problem. the control is in my custom class.

When I put my custom control on a form in a new project everything works OK, but I have to add the other references manually to my new form. How can I make that those references are added automatically to my new form when I drag my custom component onto it?

Once i added the references manually, my custom control works perfectly.

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:03 PM
  • I don't know for certain that you can. Although possibly the app.config file, if there is one for a custom control, can be set for probing. I don't believe this will work though but you can try it. Anyhow probing provides where to look for assemblies for referencing but may only work for the app.config file of the app the control is being copied to and may not carry over, if there is an app.config file, from the custom control.

<assemblybinding></assemblybinding>Assembly binding element for Runtime

Probing element

XAML example, see your app.config file.

<configuration>  
       <runtime>  
          <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">  
             <probing privatePath="bin;bin2\subbin;bin3"/>  
          </assemblyBinding>  
       </runtime>  
    </configuration>  

La vida loca

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:32 PM
  • Hi JMMRT,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

According to your description, your issue is related to windows form custom control, I will move this thread to corresponding forum for a professional answer.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:48 AM