locked
purchase of onecare RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    I purchased onecare totally.  I have an account. all should be well.  It isn't my computer is not accepting that I paid for it and is saying that my foull coverage by one care is expired. I don't like paying ofr what I can't use.  I went through the troubleshooting process to no avail. Help!! I wrote a letter no response will someone help me please?
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:36 AM

Answers

  •  undercover wrote:

     

    I purchased onecare totally.  I have an account. all should be well.  It isn't my computer is not accepting that I paid for it and is saying that my foull coverage by one care is expired. I don't like paying ofr what I can't use.  I went through the troubleshooting process to no avail. Help!! I wrote a letter no response will someone help me please?

    Sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with your LiveID for your OneCare subscription to confirm the status of your subscription. If it is current and OneCare on your PC says that it has expired, check the PC date and time. If that is correct, please contact support (or wait for a response from support if you already contacted them.)

    How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

    -steve
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:38 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • No fix here. I was just browsing this forum. I was thinking about getting this service, but what I have read about all the problems it has. I'm not sure I will try the trial version. Maybe someone can re-assure me of this

     

    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:39 PM
  •  undercover wrote:

     

    I purchased onecare totally.  I have an account. all should be well.  It isn't my computer is not accepting that I paid for it and is saying that my foull coverage by one care is expired. I don't like paying ofr what I can't use.  I went through the troubleshooting process to no avail. Help!! I wrote a letter no response will someone help me please?

    Sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with your LiveID for your OneCare subscription to confirm the status of your subscription. If it is current and OneCare on your PC says that it has expired, check the PC date and time. If that is correct, please contact support (or wait for a response from support if you already contacted them.)

    How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

    -steve
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:38 PM
    Moderator
  •  Dennyg wrote:
    No fix here. I was just browsing this forum. I was thinking about getting this service, but what I have read about all the problems it has. I'm not sure I will try the trial version. Maybe someone can re-assure me of this

     

    Please keep in mind that you will read about tons of problems in a support/community forum. There are some posts here from happy people, but mostly from unhappy people. There are way more happy people who don't post to forums. :-)

    The trial is free. Give it a shot and make your own determination before purchasing. Just be sure to remove all other antivirus, firewall, and active real-time spyware protection from the PC first.

    -steve

    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:40 PM
    Moderator
  • Can this onecare be removed completely, if not satisfied, once it is installed, without messing up any other programs or Windows?

    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:31 PM
  • Most people can successfully remove OneCare via Control Panel with no ill effects. There is a cleanup tool to use if you are unable to remove OneCare normally, which is rare - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

     

    -steve

    Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:01 AM
    Moderator
  •  

    Very confused.

     

    Purchased product today from Staples and eventualy installed had to install - deinstall etc tec etc. but got there

     

    Now when we try to put the 25 letter product code from the back of the cd holder as per instructions it does not accept and says it is not correct , we have tried it 10 times there seems to be no way to obtain help and we are left with nothing having uninstalled norton to change to this product  

     

    please tell us what we are now supposed to do

     

     

    Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:25 AM
  • Sounds pretty simple to me. I just may give it a try. thanks Steve, for all your input

     

    Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:52 AM
  • I purchased a retail copy of OneCare at the local OfficeMax, as it was on sale for $20.00. I tried Norton AntiVirus 2008, but that thing went nuts, and gave me some mysterious error, I haven't figured out telling me to uninstall and reinstall, which I did, before removing it entirely, and putting OneCare 2.0 back on my system.

     

    After the update, which hopefully comes out on the 31ST, I plan on going to the billing site, inputting the key code from the retail copy I purchased, and having another year of OneCare on my system, after my current year expires.

     

    I've found, truthfully OneCare to be more reliable, than other internet security packages, now that I have things straightend out with my router, and with Vista 64, including the August 2007 driver for the NFORCE gigabit lan on my motherboard.

     

    Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:34 AM
  •  midwesthorse wrote:

     

    Very confused.

     

    Purchased product today from Staples and eventualy installed had to install - deinstall etc tec etc. but got there

     

    Now when we try to put the 25 letter product code from the back of the cd holder as per instructions it does not accept and says it is not correct , we have tried it 10 times there seems to be no way to obtain help and we are left with nothing having uninstalled norton to change to this product  

     

    please tell us what we are now supposed to do

     

     

    If you are absolutely certain that the key is being entered correctly - note that I often need to use a magnifying glass to confirm the characters - you can either exchange the copy you have at Staples for another one, or contact support for help. It will need to be via email since you have not yet activated. You do have a 90 day trial, so you might even want to delay activating so that you don't need to renew until after 15 months.

    How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

    -steve
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:26 PM
    Moderator
  • I also purchased Windows live one care and activated it after running one care cleanup but I still get a message that the trial version i downloaded and tried before buying say I need to renew committment with 25days the billing shows active with the PId showing but it still popsup with renew one care subscription. WHY?

     

    Friday, January 18, 2008 12:40 AM
  • Jim, I'm a bit confused. When did you run OneCare cleanup? Was that to remove the trial version or following a problem?

     

    In any event, if you are getting a renewal prompt on your activated copy, but your account at http://billing.microsoft.com (matching the Subscription ID in Help/About) shows that your subscription has been renewed, please contact support after you also verify that the PC date and time are correct.

    How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

    -steve

    Friday, January 18, 2008 1:49 AM
    Moderator
  • I Just want my money back from One "Care" after I can hopefully uninstall it. It doesn't even work. My computer is so slow now it takes 3 minutes to type what would normally take me 15 seconds.

    Friday, January 18, 2008 4:09 AM
  •  CindyRigg wrote:

    I Just want my money back from One "Care" after I can hopefully uninstall it. It doesn't even work. My computer is so slow now it takes 3 minutes to type what would normally take me 15 seconds.

     

    If you decide to remove it - add/remove programs from Control Panel. If that fails to resolve it - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

     

    However, I believe you should look at this thread for a solution - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2008959&SiteID=2

     

    You can also contact support - 

    How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

     Support can either help you resolve the slowness problem that indicated something conflicting on your PC with OneCare (normally, OneCare is pretty light on resources) or can help you cancel your subscription and issue a refund.

    -steve

    Friday, January 18, 2008 1:34 PM
    Moderator