Offline Smart Card Logon failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm busting my head here to find a solution to my problem. I'm using 2003 domain/2003 PKI/XP clients

I wish to implement PKI in my organization - mainly for smart card authentication purposes.

I have 1 enterprise Root CA (It's a small organization) which is the issuing CA as well.

Now, when using smart card while connected to my domain environment - every thing is working just fine.

Once I unplug the network cable - I can not login using my smart card. I tried looking for the "number of previous logons to cache" and it's set to the default value (10 logons).

I keep getting the following "The system could not log you on - Your credentials could not be verified." !@#$%^&

Cache of Username/password authentication is working just fine. anyone?

Please?

Sunday, February 20, 2011 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hello, Thank you for your post! I would suggest posting your question in one of the (Windows > Windows Forums > Windows XP Forums > Windows XP Security, privacy, and User Accounts ) located here: (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/xpsecurity/threads). Hope that would be helpful. Have a great day! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sudarshan shindode Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Monday, February 21, 2011 11:48 AM