How to setup and pay for a Onecare account RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the beta 2.0. I want to setup an account so that full function is restored as the 90-day free trial has run out, but when i sign in to set up an account it takes me to this page:

http://get.live.com/onecare/client

There is no way to create an account and pay for Onecare, so my functionality is minimal. How can I pay for and activate the newly released version?

Sunday, November 25, 2007 5:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• See this post to resolve the redirection to getlive.com issue - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1202298&SiteID=2

Monday, November 26, 2007 4:15 PM
  • And the circus goes on and on and on - what a joke !

If you live for business purposes temporarely in China (just an exemple) then it doesn't matter whether you are American (English), French, Dutch, Spanish, etc. You'll have to go through your subscription in Chinese. You'd better start learning Mandarin before to subscribe to OneCare.

Much easier is to go for another antivirus software provider that lets you buy his product using a website in your own language.

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:19 PM
  •  Niemand van belang wrote:

And the circus goes on and on and on - what a joke !

If you live for business purposes temporarely in China (just an exemple) then it doesn't matter whether you are American (English), French, Dutch, Spanish, etc. You'll have to go through your subscription in Chinese. You'd better start learning Mandarin before to subscribe to OneCare.

Much easier is to go for another antivirus software provider that lets you buy his product using a website in your own language.

The requirement for being in a country where OneCare is available for sale and using the correct language in IE only applies for the initial install which sets up the subscription, though I agree that it is a foolish requirement.

-steve

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:23 AM