Demo Installation to OEM Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I feel like i'm in deep doo doo's here! Hopefully someone can help.

I downloaded and installed WHS Demo and i ran fine. I then purchased an OEM copy from a reseller.
    The Activation screen wouldn't take the product key so I decided to install from the DVD.
    I booted from DVD with my IDE Controller cards (3 of them) drivers on a USB stick.
    The installation screen asked what drives where there and I installed the drivers - OK so far.
    The Installation continued and I went to watch the telly.
    When I came back the screen said there was a file missing/corrupt (can't remember what one).

So, I then rebooted from the dvd and tried again but the option for REINSTALLATION has gone!
    Only a New Install option remains.

What do I have to do to load the operating system without losing all my data from the other drives (about 2 TB)?

Kind regards

Paul
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:37 AM technical question
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:58 PM

All replies

• Oh, if it helps:

Intel Xeon 3Ghz processors x2
    Asus PCH-DL Motherboard
    512Mb Ram - to be upgraded soon
    10 Drives
    Sata Onboard
    IDE Onboard
    PCI IDE controller card
    DVD Drive
    1 Gbps Lan Onboard
    Big case
    Loadsa Fans for cooling

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:07 PM
  • Oh, Tried booting from harddisk this time. From blue text screen after pressing f6, I get the same error as before:

\$win_nt$.~BT\$oem$\win32\aarich.sys could not be loaded
    The error code is 14.

Setup cannot continue.

SOMEBODY PLEEEEESE HELP. Customer on my earhole.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Ok - here we go again guys & Gals!

I have suddenly realised that aarich.sys is the file for the controller card driver.

Don't tell me - NOW I'M SCREWED!!!

Someone pleeeese help me here!

Regards Paul

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:44 PM
  • Ok - here we go again guys & Gals!

I have suddenly realised that aarich.sys is the file for the controller card driver.

Don't tell me - NOW I'M SCREWED!!!

Someone pleeeese help me here!

Regards Paul

Typically if you need to install drivers the "second time" (the text portion of the install, after the first reboot, the part that you need to press F6 for), the drivers need to be installed from a floppy drive.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:23 AM