Workflow design screen displays red crosses over QA and statement activities. RRS feed

• Question

• QuestionAnswer and statement activities started showing up with a red cross in workflow design screen. I tried re-installing the Workflow extension for Visual Studio 2005 (Win XP), but problem persists. I see other people having the same problem, however have not seen any solution to this problem. Project compiles and runs fine, can right click QA and statement activities and "propert builder" option works fine. Any ideas?

John

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:42 PM

Answers

• Here is a fix for this problem. The culprit is Service Pack 1 for .NET Framework 3.0.

- Un-install .NET Framework 3.0 SP1.

- Install .NET Framework 3.0.

- Red crosses are gone!

- (Wait for SP2).

John T

Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:47 PM

All replies

• The only thing I've seen that is know to work is a complete wipe of the hard disk and a clean install.

People have tried uninstall and reinstall etc but that doesnt seem to work.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:55 PM
  • Everything else seems to work so I will not re-install unless I absolutely have to. Everything was fine for about 4 months, but problem popped up probably early December. I can add new QuestionAnswer controls to the project and they are fine until I close and re-open Visual Studio.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:46 PM
  • Here is a fix for this problem. The culprit is Service Pack 1 for .NET Framework 3.0.

- Un-install .NET Framework 3.0 SP1.

- Install .NET Framework 3.0.

- Red crosses are gone!

- (Wait for SP2).

John T

Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:47 PM
  • I have tried uninstalling the .NET 3.0 Service Pack 1. It complains that there are applications that rely on the install.  For me it was most likely the case that I have Visual Studios 2008 installed as well as VS 2005.

The bottom line was that I could not uninstall .NET 3.0 SP1 because other apps relied on it.

kstep

Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:56 PM
  •  

According to the following post, a hotfix should be out pretty soon.

http://gotspeech.net/forums/thread/4549.aspx

John Tverbakk

Quoted from the post:

"ETA for fix to be signed off by product team - Friday 2/28

It will take a few days to get the fix through PSS and published for download. "

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:53 PM
  • As the poster of that message on GotSpeech.net, I felt compelled to reply to this now on 4/18.  The details of this saga would fill a book (ok - a small pamphlet) but suffice it to say that the patch is done/tested and signed off and is simply awaiting it's post to windows downloads. 

I will post here when that happens and, although my track record for ETA's is 0 and 1, I dare say beginning of next week it will go live.  

Greg Winters [MS]
    Unified Communications Group

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
    http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Friday, April 18, 2008 2:50 PM
  •  

The fix is live!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D8B068B-3C45-4EEA-BBC8-C4A4C4201F60&displaylang=en

Thanks all for the patience . . . we can only get faster from here!

Greg Winters [MS]
    Unified Communications Group

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
    http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Thursday, May 1, 2008 10:11 PM
  • I'm gettin an error trying to install this on x64 Vista. Seeing as Speech Server dev tools is distributed in x64, the update should also be available as such too.

[Window Title]
    Windows Installer

[Main Instruction]
    The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

[OK]

Can you please advise when this will be fixed?

Andrew.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 1:55 PM