Ethernet card driver installation problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get my WHS up but the installed did not load the driver for my embedded ethernet card on my ASUS (P4800E) motherboard. The ethercard card is a Marvel Yukon one. I loaded in the disk that came with the motherboard but when I attempt to install the driver I first get the message about the driver not being certified and then I get an access denied error.

OK so I guess this ethernet card isn't on the HCL although I have seen references to other folks using a Marvel Yukon card successfully. If the answer is that it isn't on the HCL so too bad, I can live with that. But where is the HCL that lists the supported Ethernet cards?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:27 PM

Answers

• Thanks. Actually I think I may have just figured it out. Looks like the system was finding the XP version of the driver on the disk before it looked for the 2003 one. I forced it to install the Win2003 driver and it worked.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:55 PM

All replies

• You might want to download the latest driver from the Asus site, rather than trying to install whatever is on the CD you got with the MB.

As for the Hardware Compatibility List, it's called the Windows Server Catalog now.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:43 PM
  • Thanks. Actually I think I may have just figured it out. Looks like the system was finding the XP version of the driver on the disk before it looked for the 2003 one. I forced it to install the Win2003 driver and it worked.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:55 PM